Leaky Furnaces and Carbon Monoxide

Carbon monoxide poisoning in a home can be caused by many appliances, such as stoves, fireplaces and even furnaces. When the furnace has a leak it is more likely to emit carbon monoxide into the home, making the occupants ill.

Carbon monoxide poisoning displays the following symptoms:

  • Headaches
  • Dizziness
  • Weakness
  • Upset stomach
  • Vomiting
  • Chest pain
  • Confusion

Some people can rationalize these symptoms as a different illness like the flu or a persistent cold. If these symptoms are persistent, occupants should make sure their home is not causing their sickness. If left for long carbon monoxide poisoning could be fatal.

To prevent the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning appliances in the house should be checked routinely for leaks. Diamond Heating and Cooling checks for gas leaks during their furnace maintenance. By having the furnace serviced twice a year it can prevent and catch leaks before they become a serious problem.

Homeowners should also install carbon monoxide detectors in the house. These can alert the homeowners to a leak before it becomes serious. Make sure to change the batteries twice yearly to keep them working correctly.

Homeowners worried about possible furnace leaks or in need of furnace maintenance should contact Diamond Heating and Cooling. Ask them about their maintenance plans and memberships to help homeowners save money.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s