- The property is deeded and recorded in the name of your IRA; therefore the IRA is the owner.
- All expenses associated with the property, i.e. repairs and maintenance, HOA dues, property taxes, etc. must be paid from IRA funds.
- If you are utilizing the services of a Property Management Company the account must be set up in the name of your IRA with our custodial tax id for rental income reporting.
- All income generated from the property must be deposited and credited to your IRA account. An IRA owner may then take a distribution from their IRA if they choose.
- There can be no co-mingling of IRA funds and your personal funds. Your IRA may not “reimburse” you personally for an invoice paid with personal funds. This becomes a taxable distribution.